China360 is a website providing educators and students with resources and tools that contextualize important topics in Chinese history, culture, and society. In Fall 2016 China Institute relaunched this site with improved functionality, new learning tools, and an increasing number of lesson plans, resource collections, and curriculum guides. The new China360 covers topics ranging from the Silk Road to the Three Gorges Dam, from the Qin Dynasty to the Qing Dynasty, from Confucianism to Buddhism, and the art, people, and events of contemporary China. It provides resource materials that expand on China Institute’s gallery exhibitions, professional development programs, and other cultural offerings. China360 further advances our mission to educate, connect, and inspire life-long learners in their pursuit of a deeper understanding of China.
Support for China360 is provided by:
Education at China Institute
China Institute advances a deeper understanding of China through programs in education, culture, business and art in the belief that cross-cultural understanding strengthens our global community. It was founded in 1926 by a group of distinguished American and Chinese educators including John Dewey, Hu Shih, Paul Monroe and Dr. Kuo Ping-wen. China Institute is the oldest bicultural organization in America devoted exclusively to China.
Over the past 90 years, our Education Programs have taught thousands of students, both children and adults, to speak, read, and write Chinese. We have provided courses and workshops for K-12 educators and the general public on Chinese culture, history, art, literature and language teaching; brought hundreds of students and educators to China for life-changing tours and study programs; and created award-winning curriculum guides and books about China.
We invite you to explore our new resources and to search through past resources that may appeal to your specific interests and needs.
- Resource Collections: Theme-specific resource collections developed by China Institute
- Lesson and Unit Plans: Ready-to-use lesson plans on a wide variety of topics that are designed to be used across the grades and disciplines for K-12 educators
- Curriculum Guides: In-depth collections of lesson plans and introductory materials on specific topics in Chinese history and culture
- Interactive Timeline: This classroom tool allows students to explore Chinese history with comparisons to events happening around the globe
- Videos: Access videos of China Institute lectures and programming that can be used in the classroom or for professional development
- Other Chinese Studies Resources: A collection of useful outside resources about China
MembershipBecome a Member Today!
China Institute Members support cross-cultural U.S.-China understanding and benefit from discounts on and special access to unique exhibitions, family programs, language and arts classes, business forums, and much more.Join Now
For information about membership, contact Megan Connolly at [email protected] or 212-744-8181 x158.
Make a Donation
China Institute is the nation’s only bi-cultural organization dedicated exclusively to China. Your tax-deductible contribution to the Annual Fund will help strengthen public understanding of China and support highly acclaimed art exhibitions, free educational services for schools, and dynamic public programs that serve thousands of children and adults each year. We look forward to welcoming you to China Institute’s family of supporters.Learn More